Friday, May 16, 2008

Distractions

Well, at my last update I was anticipating my next trip to China which was to have occurred from May 9 - June 30. As luck would have it, I have been drafted into a project in Milwaukee which requires me to postpone my trip and threatens to temporarily derail my plans to get back to work on ProtoSOA. My friend and colleague, Tom Culpepper, is over there now, working hard to keep above water with one less architect and a smaller than expected development team. Distractions like these are difficult but the customer comes first, and in this case, the current project is providing challenges aplenty.
If anyone would like to offer their advice and expertise on the usage of OpenLDAP to create a somewhat complex Schema architecture, I would appreciate your comments. I am not up to speed yet on this technology but I'm working to overcome my own lack of experience.
In the meantime, I'm hoping to complete this design soon, after which I plan to join up with Tom and continue work on my "child". Next post, hopefully, I'll get back to the topic of this blog and perhaps think of some words of wisdom.

No comments: